As news of COVID-19 continues to cause concerns for many, we want you to know that safety is our number one priority. Bermuda Skyport is working closely with our partners to manage and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our environment.
What We Are Doing
What You Can Do
This information reflects the state of knowledge at the time in which the website was last updated. To see the latest updates from the Bermuda Government Ministry of Health, please visit: www.gov.bm/coronavirus
For any questions or concerns regarding trials, please refer to the Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) section on this page. Alternatively, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 299-4832.Close
Note: This website depends on modern web technologies to deliver an easy registration experience. It seems that your browser is outdated. Please consider upgrading your browser for a better experience of the web as well as the security of your system.
Note: This website depends on modern web technologies to deliver a rich user experience. It seems that your browser is quite outdated. Please consider upgrading your browser for a better experience of the web as well as the security of your system.
You’re invited to help us test Bermuda’s new state-of-the-art airport terminal.
Join us for our ORAT (Operational Readiness and Airport Transfer) trials because we need your help to get the new terminal ready.
During trials, we execute and examine the planned operations of the new airport terminal in a simulated environment.
We invite you to contribute towards an incredible moment in Bermuda’s aviation history; the opening of our new airport terminal.
You can help us by acting as a real passenger with a booking on a staged flight; starting at check-in leading to boarding, then simulating the arrivals process. Not only would you get a sneak peek of the new terminal to have an early grasp of its layout and function, but you will also be treated for your participation too!
Car – The short term car park in front of the new terminal building will be available for use, free of charge.
Bike – The short term bike park in front of the new terminal building will be available for use, free of charge.
Bus – We are advising participants to get off the bus at the nearest bus stop to the new terminal building.
What to bring: Your passport and confirmation page; proof of registration and identification will be requested.
Note – Please arrive on time, otherwise your participation cannot be guaranteed.
Upon arrival at the new terminal, you will be registered and assigned your trial role by our support staff. At that time, you will also receive all the necessary materials required to fulfill your role. Afterward, you will be briefed on the trial operation, then escorted to your starting point.
Trial operations will consist of a passenger departure and arrival flow.
Based on the preparation, some passengers will be asked to play certain roles.
Some examples may include:
After the trial, a light lunch/dinner and gift bag will be provided for your participation.
Note - The above timeline is valid for majority of the trial days, however due to other ongoing activities short notices regarding changes might be necessary. In such cases we will contact you at our earliest convenience to inform you about the changes made. Furthermore, special trials such as the evacuation exercise or the night trial will follow a different timeline which will be communicated to you post registration.
Signing up to participate is easy! Just pick a date and fill out the registration form below. You must be 18 years+ to participate.
OUTLINE OF CONTENTS:
2.1 Personal Information We Collect
2.2 Use of Personal Information
2.3 Disclosure of Your Personal Information
2.4 Our Website
2.5 Your Consent
2.6 Security & Risk of Harm
2.7 Access, Correction and Contacting Us
1. – PURPOSE
The purpose of this policy is to inform our clients and other individuals we deal with (“you” or “your”) as to how we collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, as more particularly described under applicable privacy legislation.
2. – POLICY
2.1 – Personal Information We Collect
Skyport and its agents and representatives may collect personal information in the course of Skyport’s business activities. Personal information we may collect includes:
• name, telephone number, address, passport information and other contact information;
• such other information we may collect with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
2.2 – Use of Personal Information
Skyport generally uses personal information for the following purposes:
• creating a database of individuals who have registered to receive information from us;
• managing our business, including client relations and ongoing communications with our shareholders;
• managing, administering, collecting or otherwise enforcing accounts;
• maintaining business records for reasonable periods, and generally managing and administering our business including defending and bringing legal actions;
• meeting legal, regulatory, insurance, security and processing requirements; and
• otherwise with consent or as permitted or required by law.
2.3 – Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Although Skyport does not routinely disclose personal information, we may disclose personal information as necessary to manage and administer our business; to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, audit, and security requirements; and as otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law. In addition to the above, personal information may be disclosed to our affiliates, professional advisors, consultants, investigators and adjudicators for internal audit, management, billing or administrative purposes including defending and bringing legal actions.
Service Providers. Skyport may transfer personal information to outside agents or service providers that perform services on our behalf, for example data processing services, information technology services such as internet intrusion detection services, firewalls and interception of viruses and spam, data and backup tape managing and hosting or similar services.
2.4 – Our Website
The only personal information Skyport collects through the ORAT website is the information voluntarily supplied by you. Skyport does not use “cookies” to track how visitors may use the ORAT site. Skyport currently does not use or maintain server logs or web logs to collect and log incoming traffic to the ORAT site. Information collected through the ORAT website is not disclosed to anyone other than Skyport employees, consultants, or agents on a “need to know” basis only. We will not disclose any personally identifiable information about you to third parties without your permission unless we are legally entitled or required to do so or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and/or defend our rights, property or personal safety and those of our clients, customers, etc.
We caution that internet communications are vulnerable to interception, use, and/or alteration by person(s) other than the intended recipient. While Skyport has implemented certain safeguards to reduce this risk, internet transmissions to and from Skyport are still vulnerable. If you choose to communicate by the internet, you do so at your sole risk.
2.5 – Your Consent
Consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information that may be given in various ways. Consent can be expressed (for example, orally, electronically or on a form you may sign describing the intended uses and disclosures of personal information) or implied (for example, when you provide information necessary for a service you have requested). Generally, by providing us with personal information, we will assume that you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes identified or described in this Policy, if applicable, or otherwise at the time of collection.
Your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information is intended to be ongoing and continuous. You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. Note that if you withdraw your consent to certain uses of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide certain services.
Skyport collects, uses and discloses your personal information with your consent, except as permitted or required by law. We may be required or permitted under statute or regulation to collect, use or disclose personal information without your consent, for example to comply with a court order, and/or to comply with regulations or a legally permitted inquiry by a government agency.
2.6 – Security & Risk of Harm
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information using electronic and administrative security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control. However, we would caution you that providing personal information will always contain some risk. A data breach or other unintentional disclosure of personal information may result in significant harm. Significant harm resulting from such disclosure of your personal information may include bodily harm, humiliation, damage to reputation, loss of employment, business or professional opportunities, financial loss, identity theft, negative effects on credit records and damage or loss to property.
2.7 – Access, Correction and Contacting Us
Skyport may establish and maintain a file of your personal information for the purposes described above. If you wish to request access to your personal information in our custody or control, or to request a correction to your personal information, or to request personal information be destroyed, you may email email@example.com to fulfil request. Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions, this policy, and your contractual obligations. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. If you wish to make inquiries or complaints or have other concerns about our personal information practices, you may write to us as described above.
This Policy may be revised from time to time. If you are concerned about how your personal information is used, you should contact us as described above or check our website periodically to obtain a current copy of this Policy. Your continued provision of Personal Information or use of our services following any changes to this Policy constitutes your acceptance of any such changes. This Policy is effective as of March 2020.
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
OUTLINE OF CONTENTS:
2. DEFINITION OF KEY TERMS
3. ORAT TRIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
3.2 Obligations And Rights of Skyport
4. WEBSITE USE
1. – PURPOSE
The purpose of this website’s terms and conditions is to inform you, the website user, of the agreed-upon requirements and respective consequences for website use and ORAT trials (hereafter referred to as “Trials”); specifically, trial participation and the obligations and rights of Bermuda Skyport Corporation Limited (hereby referred to as “Skyport”).
2. – DEFINITION OF KEY TERMS
1) “Participant” means a person who is participating in the ORAT trial operation;
2) “Skyport” means Bermuda Skyport Corporation
3. – ORAT TRIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
3.1 – Participation
These are the terms (the “Terms”) governing your participation in trials organised by Skyport. By registering for Trials, you agree to these Terms, which form a binding legal contract between Skyport and the registered participant (the “Participant”). If you are registering on behalf of another individual, it is your responsibility to ensure the person participating is aware of these terms and accepts them. By completing the registration on behalf of another individual you are warranting that you have made the Participant aware of these Terms and that they have accepted these Terms.
1) The Participant must be at least 18 years of age;
2) The Participant may not participate in trials under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol;
3) The Participant receives no remuneration or expense allowance for participation;
4) The Participant only has access to the terminals and the organization of the ORAT trial operation with a valid confirmation of participation and an official photo ID;
5) Participation in Trials is free of charge for the Participant;
6) Participating is a volunteer opportunity and should not be interpreted as a job offer by Skyport;
7) Participation may not be guaranteed if the Participant arrives late to Trials;
8) The participant agrees to being solely responsible for their belongings throughout Trials;
9) The Participant may leave Trials at any time;
10) The confirmation of participation loses its validity after a single run of Trials. There is no entitlement to renewed participation in Trials;
11) The confirmation of participation is personal. Resale – also as a gift – is prohibited;
12) The Participant has no claim to the design, length and exact sequence of Trials;
13) The Participant agrees not to publish or release any photographs, videos or any other information or material pertaining to any part of Trials;
14) Instructions from the trial staff – whether employees of Skyport or other airport operational staff or their respective agents – must be followed. Failure to adhere to instructions may result in the removal of the Participant in relation to Trials;
15) Skyport shall not be held liable or responsible for any claim or damage howsoever incurred by the Participant in relation to Trials;
16) The Participant might be required to walk long distances throughout the trial day. For safety reasons, we advise that the Participant should not have any physical limitation that will prevent them from leaving the terminal building in case of any emergency;
*Trials for members of public with physical disabilities will be conducted on dedicated trial days where additional resources will be deployed to ensure the well-being of the volunteers. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate interest;
17) The Participant is aware that the ORAT trial operation should simulate the real handling process from entering the terminal building to taking a seat on the seat of an airplane and vice versa. This includes personal checks and physical security inspections by the security staff and its agents in the context of their legal obligations;
18) The Participant is also aware that an Airport Security Restricted Area (the “SRA”) already exists in the terminal during Trials. During the ORAT trial run, the Participant will be granted temporary access to the SRA and must follow all applicable security regulations;
19) It is prohibited to carry glass or plastic containers, cans, pyrotechnic articles, torches, weapons or other objects that can possibly be used as dangerous tools. Skyport reserves the right to issue an immediate expulsion from the terminal building if this is not observed;
20) Food offered may contain any ingredients. The Participant may consume any of the food at their own risk. Skyport shall not be held liable for any allergies, reactions, and/or any harm that may be caused by their consumption;
21) Briefings on trial proceedings will only be conducted in English. To ensure seamless execution of Trials, you should have a good understanding of English language to follow the instructions provided by our coordinators; and
22) Official photographers / videographers may be engaged by Skyport and trial participants might be captured in these photos or videos. The Participant agrees to allow Skyport to use any of the photos and videos for any publicity or other purposes.
3.2 – Obligations and Rights of Skyport
The following content stipulated are the obligations and rights of Skyport for Trials.
1) Skyport is responsible for executing Trials;
2) Skyport is not liable to the Participants for any damages caused by their involvement in trials due to the negligent conduct of the Participant;
3) Skyport is not responsible for any food allergies;
4) Skyport reserves the right to refuse to take part in the ORAT trial operation without reason and/or to cancel it and/or not to carry out the ORAT trial operation as a whole or not on the day confirmed by the confirmation of participation. Skyport particularly reserves the right to postpone the ORAT trial run (even several times);
5) Skyport is not responsible for the loss or damage of participants’ property while executing trial events;
6) Skyport accepts no responsibility, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by any participant as a result of entering and/or participating in Trials;
7) Skyport staff reserve the right to remove persons who do not cooperate and/or pose a threat to the success of the trial execution; and
8) Skyport reserves the right to amend the trial schedule when necessary to accommodate other ongoing activities. In such cases, we will contact you at our earliest convenience to inform you about the changes made.
4. WEBSITE USE
Skyport reserves the right to amend sections within this website’s terms and conditions at anytime. In such case, amendments will constitute your acceptance. This website’s terms and conditions is effective as of May 2020.
Click a question below to reveal the answer:
To gain a better understanding of ORAT and it’s function, please watch the following video:
Taking Off is a video series about the development of the new L.F. Wade International Airport Terminal and related issues.
You can find all 30+ videos online here, on Skyport’s main website.